experience below

fini maizaan..the new horizon of poetry

Thursday, December 2, 2010

A smile brings joy back to life



Solitude captured my life,
Loneliness conquered my strength,
Felt like drums in my heart,
Blood and tears as childhood buddies,
Combined their forces for a strong thrust,
Alas! I could withhold no more.

The cry within though soft and unheard,
Had a pitch of sorrow so high it reached;
Angels praying in skies above;
They prayed for glee for this cheerless soul.
All Merciful, All Kind and All Mighty;
Never failed to hear a genuine soul.

Something’s missing,
But what is it?
Something to bring back joy in life!
A teardrop fell on my palm upright;
I looked at it and saw a smile;
A gentle smile of a cute face;
Which brought some joy back to life.

2 comments:

//Sub/Corpus said...

nice poem ... :)
I can relate to it ... especially at this stage of my life ... :P

Mahdhy Shahid said...

Four years departed since you spoke,
I guess by now its time for you,
To taste the fruit you felt you'll get,
I thank, you found some time for me , though years before.